Charlie's Solomon Gundy Mussels
|| Live fresh mussels in their shells
||Onion, finely chopped
||Garlic , finely chopped
|125ml/half a cup
|50ml/quarter of a cup
|| Double Cream
||Fresh cilantro (coriander) or parsley, finely chopped
||Walkerswood Solomon Gundy (a little goes a long way!)
- Clean and prepare mussels, scrubbing well to remove the 'beards and any barnacles and rinsing in several changes of water. Discard any that do not close when sharply tapped.
- Cook the onion and garlic slowly in the oil until transparent.
- Add the mussels and white wine, cover and cook until the shells have opened, tossing frequently.
Carefully strain off the liquid (there may be grit in the bottom) into another pan and add the cream, coriander and Solomon Gundy.
- Put the mussels in a serving dish, discarding any that have not opened and pour the sauce over the mussels. Serve immediately, with crusty bread.
- Preparation and cooking time: 35 minutes.