Jamaican Guava Jam...
This exotic tropical fruit is high in vitamin c. Hand picked Guavas are simmered in Lime juice to make a tasty spread for toast or crackers or as a glaze or filling for baked products.
- Makes a delicious sauce for Jerk Lamb when heated with Vinegar, roasted Garlic and fresh Cilantro.
I tried your guava jam and oh my god, the flavour is out of this world. I couldn't stop tasting and tasting it's so smooth, really, really great. Thumbs up.
By: Janice Davis
Submit Your Testimonial
Jerk Lamb with Guava Glaze
- 2.5kg/5lb Boned leg of lamb or lamb cutlets
- 3 tbsp Walkerswood Jerk Seasoning
- 1 tsp Salt or to taste
- 1 head Garlic, unpeeled
- 175g/6oz Walkerswood Guava Jam or red currant jelly
- 3 tbsp. White wine vinegar
- 1 tsp. Parsley, chopped
- 1 tsp. Cilantro (Coriander), chopped
- Rub salt and jerk seasoning into the lamb thoroughly.
Cover and marinate in fridge overnight.
- Preheat oven to 180C/350F.
- Roll up and tie the leg of lamb in three places to secure.
- Roast for 45minutes (medium rare) If using cutlets grill for 8-10minutes on both sides.
- Roast the head of garlic for about 45minutes.
- Crush the soft inside of garlic cloves into a saucepan.
- Add all the other ingredients for the sauce and stir.
- Bring to the boil, making sure the guava jam has melted completely.
- Simmer and allow to reduce by half.
- Allow the lamb to rest for 10minutes before carving. Slice the lamb and glaze with the warm sauce.
Serve 8 - 10
See More Recipes
SUGAR, GUAVA, PECTIN, CITRIC ACID
SERVING SIZE: 1 TBSP (20G)
SERVINGS PER: 17
AMOUNTS PER SERVING
CALORIES FROM FAT: 0
TOTAL FAT: 0G (0% DV)
SODIUM: 10mg (0% DV)
TOTAL CARBOHYDRATE: 14G (5% DV)
FROM SUGAR: 13G
VITAMIN C: 6% DV
PERCENTAGE DAILY VALUES (DV) ARE BASED ON A 2000 CALORIE DIET