West Indian Curry Paste...
WALKERSWOOD WEST INDIAN CURRY PASTE is a staple for any local feast. This curry is a particular blend of spices used in Caribbean dishes offering a unique flavour profile compared against traditional East Indian varieties. It is pre-cooked for greater versatility.
- Perfect for goat, mutton, lamb, chicken, seafood and vegetables!
BE THE FIRST TO LEAVE A TESTIMONIAL!
Submit Your Testimonial
JAMAICAN COCONUT CURRY CHICKEN
- 4 Chicken Breasts – boneless/skinless
- 2 tbs walkerswood spicy west indian curry paste
- 1 x 8oz can coconut milk
- 1 yellow onion – diced
- 1 red sweet pepper – diced
- 1 stalk escellian – diced
- 1 tbs fresh ginger – grated fine
- 2 cloves garlic – minced
- 1 sprig fresh thyme
- salt & black pepper to taste
- Cut chicken breast into strips and rub with 1 tbs walkerswood curry paste, allow to marinate for minimum ½ hour
- In sauté pan heat your favourite cooking oil and add the onion, sweet pepper and bottom section of the escallion (reserve the green tops for garnish) – stir together for 1 minute.
- Add ginger, garlic and fresh thyme leaves stir until fragrant
- Add remaining 1 tbs curry paste and stir together, once mixed well add your coconut milk and allow to come up to a hard simmer. Add salt & pepper to taste
- Add chicken to your sauce, mix well, allow to come back to a simmer, cover and cook for 10 – 12 minutes to allow the chicken to cook through.
- Serve over steamed rice and garnish with the green tips of the escallion
See More Recipes
WATER, SOYBEAN OIL, TUMERIC, CORIANDER SEEDS, CAYENE PEPPER, FENUGREEK SEEDS, CANE SUGAR, SALT, CITRIC ACID, ALLSPICE, CUMIN, ANISE SEEDS, STAR ANISE SEEDS, POTASSIUM SORBATE (PRESERVAIVE), GARLIC POWDER
SERVING SIZE: 1 TBSP / 15G
SERVINGS PER: 13
AMOUNTS PER SERVING
CALORIES FROM FAT: 25
TOTAL FAT: 2.5G (4% DV)
SODIUM: 30mg (1% DV)
TOTAL CARBOHYDRATE: 2G (1% DV)
VITAMIN A: 2% DV
VITAMIN C: 2% DV
IRON: 4% DV
PERCENTAGE DAILY VALUES (DV) ARE BASED ON A 2000 CALORIE DIET